Dye and Bunkerkings are two of the best-known makers of Paintball Masks. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Dye i4 Paintball Mask vs the Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
Dye i4 vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Specifications
Both masks seem similar at first glance. The Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask is significantly more expensive but offers some advantages over the Bunkerkings CMD Mask:
- ASTM certified lens for maximum protection
- Lighter weight
- More recognized brand
Dye – Who Are They?
DYE Precision is a paintball manufacturing company based in California, founded in 1994 by Dave and Rhonda DeHaan (DYE stands for Dave “Youngblood” Enterprises). Initially producing barrels for markers, using Dave’s garage as a workshop, DYE became an international business, manufacturing a range of markers, loaders, playing & casual clothing, protective gear, goggles, and luggage.
Bunkerkings – Who Are They?
Bunkerkings is a leading producer of paintball gear. They were founded by Max Lundqvist & his brother in 1991, initially making paintball fashion accessories, but are now also known for their paintball equipment such as loaders and masks.
Dye i4 vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Similarities
The Paintball Masks have the same size options
- Both the Dye i4 and the Bunkerkings CMD have the same size option: one size fits most.
Both Paintball Masks have the same warranty
- Both Dye and Bunkerkings offer a 1-year warranty.
Dye i4 vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Differences
Both Paintball Masks have different lens features
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask features a scratch-resistant with UV Coating lens.
- The Bunkerkings CMD Mask is equipped with an anti-fog, scratch-resistant VIO thermal lens.
Both masks have different vision angles
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask features vertical/horizontal peripheral vision, while Bunkerkings do not state the vision angle for the CMD Paintball Mask.
Both masks have different strap security features
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask features “tiger teeth” buckles, while the Bunkerkings CMD Mask has an ultra-wide goggle strap.
Both Paintball Masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask uses dual-stage foam, while the Bunkerkings CMD Mask is interchangeable super-soft microfiber plush foam.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
Both have different features and design
- The Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask has a lightweight lens, anatomic fit and function, compression formed ears, “scream” multi-directional venting & a rapid lens change feature.
- The Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask has hi-flow ventilation, moisture reduction design, multi-directional air exhaust zones, anti-echo geometry and materials, distortion-free hearing, direct communication mouth vents, bounce flex zones & quick-change lens system.
Both Paintball Masks have different widths
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask is 9.1″, while the Bunkerkings CMD Mask is narrower at 8.5″.
Both Paintball Masks have different lengths
- The Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask is longer at 8.5″, while the Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask is 7.1″.
The masks both have different certifications
The Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask is ASTM certified, while the Bunkerkings CMD is not.
Both Paintball Masks have different weights
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask weighs 1.1lbs, while the Bunkerkings CMD Mask weighs a slightly heavier 1.2lbs.
The masks both have different color options
- The Bunkerkings CMD is available in Blue Azure & Highlander Camo color options, while Dye has Black, Dirty Bird & Grey Liquid.
Here are some notable differences that might help you when choosing which paintball mask is best for you:
- The Bunkerkings CMD is slightly heavier than the Dye i4.
- Both masks are available in a different range of colors.
- The Dye i4 is ASTM certified, which gives you more peace of mind when it comes to eye protection than the Bunkerkings CMD.
- Dye is perhaps a better-known brand than Bunkerkings.
- The Bunkerkings mask is significantly cheaper than the Dye i4.