Dye and JT are two of the best-known makers of Paintball Masks. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Dye i4 vs the JT Premise Headshield Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks here
Dye i4 vs JT Premise Paintball Mask – Specifications
Both masks seem similar at first glance. The Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask is significantly more expensive but offers some advantages over the JT Premise:
- ASTM certified lens for maximum protection
- Lighter weight
- Longer warranty
- More recognized brand
Dye – Who Are They?
DYE Precision is a paintball manufacturing company based in California, founded in 1994 by Dave and Rhonda DeHaan (DYE stands for Dave “Youngblood” Enterprises). Initially producing barrels for markers, using Dave’s garage as a workshop, DYE became an international business, manufacturing a range of markers, loaders, playing & casual clothing, protective gear, goggles, and luggage.
JT Paintball – Who Are They?
JT has been in the paintball industry for decades, and specializes in paintball masks and goggles, as well as other paintball equipment & accessories. Since being acquired by Brass Eagle (one of the longest-established paintball suppliers) in 2000, they continued to compete with other leading paintball brands. Now owned by Kore Outdoor, the parent company of many paintball suppliers.
Dye i4 vs JT Premise Paintball Mask – Similarities
The Paintball Masks have the same size options
- Both the Dye i4 Paintball Mask and the JT Premise Mask have the same size options: one size fits most.
Dye i4 vs JT Premise Paintball Mask – Differences
Both Paintball Masks have different lens features
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask features a scratch-resistant lens with UV Coating.
- The JT Premise Mask is equipped with a spectra anti-fog lens with UVA-UVB protection.
Both masks have different vision angles
- The JT Premise features 260-degree visibility, while the Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask offers vertical/horizontal peripheral vision.
Both Paintball Masks have different strap security features
- The Dye i4 features “tiger teeth” buckles, while the JT Premise Mask has an adjustable chin strap.
Both Paintball Masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask uses dual-stage foam, while the JT Premise has soft face foam.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
The Paintball Masks both have different features and design
- The Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask features First Compound Radius Lens, Anatomic Fit and Function, Compression Formed Ears, Scream Multi-Directional Venting & Rapid Lens Change.
- The JT Premise Headshield Paintball Mask has Full Head Protective Panels, Pro-Change Lens and Foam, Built-In Visor & Vented face-mask.
The Paintball Masks both have different widths
- The Dye i4 is 9.1”, while the JT Premise is narrower at 12”.
Both masks have different lengths
- The JT Premise Headshield Paintball Mask is longer at 8.7”, while the Dye i4 Thermal Paintball Mask is 7.1”.
Both masks have different weights
- The Dye i4 Paintball Mask is lighter, weighing 1.1lbs, while the JT Premise Mask weighs 1.4lbs.
The masks both have different certifications
- The Dye is ASTM Certified, while JT does not state any certification for the Premise.
The masks both have different color options
- The Dye i4 is available in Black, Dirty Bird & Grey Liquid color options, while the JT premise, just like the Model T Ford, is available in any color as long as it’s black.
Both masks have a different warranty
- The Dye is covered by a 1-year warranty, while the JT Premise only has a 30-day warranty.
Here are some notable differences that might help you when choosing which paintball mask is best for you:
- The JT Premise is heavier than the Dye i4.
- The Dye i4 is ASTM certified, which gives you more peace of mind when it comes to eye protection than the JT Premise.
- The Dye mask has a much longer warranty than the JT.
- The JT mask is significantly cheaper than the Dye i4.