Dye and Invert are two of the best-known makers of Paintball Masks. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Dye i5 vs the Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
Dye i5 vs Invert Helix Paintball Mask – Specifications
Both masks seem similar at first glance. The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask is more expensive but offers some advantages over the Invert Helix:
- ASTM certified lens for maximum protection
- More recognized brand
Dye – Who Are They?
DYE Precision is a paintball manufacturing company based in California, founded in 1994 by Dave and Rhonda DeHaan (DYE stands for Dave “Youngblood” Enterprises). Initially producing barrels for markers, using Dave’s garage as a workshop, DYE became an international business, manufacturing a range of markers, loaders, playing & casual clothing, protective gear, goggles, and luggage.
Invert – Who Are They?
Invert Paintball was originally part of NPS (National Paintball Supply). Bought by Empire, which itself was bought by G.I. Sportz, Invert Paintball is still well-known for classic paintball gear.
Dye i5 vs Invert Helix Paintball Mask – Similarities
The masks have similar size options
- Both the Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask and the Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Mask have the same size options: one size fits most.
Dye i5 vs Invert Helix Paintball Mask – Differences
Both masks have different lens features
- The Dye i5 features an anti-fog Dyetanium lens.
- The Invert Helix is equipped with an anti-fogging dual-pane thermal lens.
Both masks have different vision angles
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask has a 290-degree vision angle, while the Invert Helix has a lower 270-degree vision angle.
Both masks have different strap security features
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask features the GSR gear lock system, while the Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Mask has silicone straps.
Both Paintball Masks have different wireless capability features
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask features e.VOKE Wireless Air Sync, while the Invert Helix Mask is not WiFi compatible.
Both masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask uses soft touch multi-layer foam, while the Invert Helix Thermal Paintball Mask has heavy-duty memory foam.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
Both have different features and design
- The Invert Helix Mask has wide design, tool-less lens replacement, full ventilation, built-in visor and shield.
- The Dye i5 Paintball Mask has heads up POV mount, compression formed ears, “scream” multi-directional venting & easy to change lens.
Both masks have different widths
- The Invert Helix Mask is 9.4″, while the Dye i5 Paintball Mask is narrower at 9″.
The Paintball Masks both have different lengths
- The Dye i5 is 9″, while the Invert Helix’s is shorter at 7.8″.
Both masks have different weights
- The Dye i5 weighs 0.78lbs, while the Invert Helix weighs 0.88lbs.
Both masks have different color options
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask is available in AF1, Emerald, Onyx/Gold, Storm, DyeCam, Onyx, Patriot & White/Gold color options, while the Invert Helix has Black & Olive color options.
Both Paintball Masks have a different warranty
- The Dye i5 Thermal Paintball Mask has a 1-year warranty, while the Invert Helix Mask is not covered by a warranty.
- The Dye i5 is lighter than the Invert Helix.
- The Dye i5 is ASTM certified, which gives you more peace of mind when it comes to eye protection than the Invert Helix.
- The Dye mask has a 1-year warranty, while the Invert Helix doesn’t have a warranty.
- The Invert Helix mask is usually cheaper than the Dye i5.