Empire and Bunkerkings make some of the best paintball masks available. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the Empire EVS vs Bunkerkings CMD – which one is best?
To find out how these masks compare with the best paintball masks, click here
Empire EVS vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Specifications
Empire EVS vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Similarities
Both the Empire EVS and Bunkerkings CMD have the same fitting size
- Both paintball masks are ‘one size fits most’ and can be adjusted.
Empire EVS vs Bunkerkings CMD Paintball Mask – Differences
Both paintball masks have different lens features.
- The Empire EVS is equipped with a Clear Thermal distortion-free spherical, scratch-resistant lens.
- The Bunkerkings CMD has an anti-fog, scratch-resistant, and glare-reducing VIO thermal lens.
Only the Empire EVS has a stated field of vision
- The Empire EVS offers a 270-degree wide field of vision.
The Empire EVS and Bunkerkings CMD each offer a different strap for security
- The Empire EVS has a Silicone backed head-strap with a non-slip fit.
- The Bunkerkings CMD has an ultra-wide adjustable goggle strap with a secure grip and non-slip qualities.
Only the Empire EVS is Wi-Fi capable
- The Empire EVS is a more advanced mask as it can be used with HUD (Heads Up Display) via Wi-Fi with GPS features.
Both masks use different materials for comfort
- The Empire EVS uses a triple density face foam, while the Bunkerkings CMD uses a super soft microfiber contact layer interchangeable plush Bunkerkings foam. Both are designed to keep sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
The Empire EVS and Bunkerkings CMD have different design and features
- The Empire EVS features Dual-Pane lenses. It is anti-fog, anti-reflective, anti-scratch with UVA/UVB radiation protection, and thermo-formed ears. Lastly, it comes with a microfiber goggle bag.
- The Bunkerkings CMD features “hi-flow” ventilation designed for moisture reduction. It has a multi-directional air exhaust zone, anti-echo geometry, and materials for a distortion-free hearing and direct communication mouth vents for clear communication. Aside from that, it has bounce flex zones that absorb impact for added protection and a quick-change lens system designed for easy lens replacement.
Both paintball masks have a slightly different width and length
- The Empire EVS has a width of 9” and a length of 9”.
- The Bunkerkings CMD has a width of 8.5” and a length of 8.5”.
Both paintball masks differ in mask weight
- The Empire EVS weighs 2lbs, while the Bunkerkings CMD is lighter at 1.2lbs.
Only the Empire EVS is ASTM certified
- The Empire EVS is ASTM approved, with certification for maximum eye protection.
Both paintball masks are available in a different range of colors
- The Empire EVS is available in either Black, LE Olive Tiger Stripe, Tan/Black, Black/Gold, Olive/Black, or White/Black.
- The Bunkerkings CMD is available in either Blue Azure, or Highlander Camo.
Both offer different warranties
- The Empire EVS has a 30-day limited warranty, while the Bunkerkings CMD has a 1-year warranty.
The Empire EVS and Bunkerkings CMD paintball masks offer safety and protection. The choice between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences that might help you when choosing which paintball mask is best for you:
- The Empire EVS is heavier than the Bunkerkings CMD.
- The Empire EVS is Wi-Fi capable.
- The Bunkerkings CMD offers a better warranty than the Empire EVS.
- The Empire EVS is ASTM certified, which gives you more peace of mind when it comes to eye protection that the Bunkerkings CMD.