Empire and HK Army are two of the best-known makers of Paintball Masks. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Empire EVS vs the HK Army KLR Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
Empire EVS vs HK Army KLR – Specifications
Empire – Who Are They?
For more than ten years, Empire has been a staple in the paintball industry. The team has focused on building high-quality products rather than expanding too quickly and flooding the market with models that compete for customers’ attention (unlike many other brands). Now part of Kore Outdoor (originally known as G.I. Sportz), they continue to make products aimed at the higher end of the paintball market.
HK Army – Who Are They?
From its origins in 2007, HK Army has become a global company, with distribution in over 60 countries. Offering an array of paintball-related products, from performance-based hard goods to casual apparel, they are an industry leader in paintball gear and accessories.
Empire EVS vs HK Army KLR Paintball Mask – Similarities
The masks have similar size options
- Both the Empire EVS Paintball Mask and the HK Army KLR Paintball Mask have the same size options: one size fits most.
Empire EVS vs HK Army KLR Paintball Mask – Differences
Both Paintball Masks have different lens features
- The Empire EVS Mask features a clear thermal distortion-free spherical lens.
- The HK Army KLR Mask is equipped with a high-definition dual-pane thermal lens.
Both Paintball Masks have different vision angles
The HK Army KLR Mask has no stated vision angle, while the Empire EVS Mask features a 270-degree vision angle.
Both Paintball Masks have different strap security features
- The Empire EVS features a silicone-backed head strap, while the HK Army KLR has an adjustable anti-slip goggle strap.
Both Paintball Masks have different wireless capability features
- The Empire is HUDwifi and GPS capable, while the HK Army KLR Mask is not wireless capable.
Both masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The Empire EVS Paintball Mask uses a triple density face foam, while the HK Army KLR Paintball Mask is tri-layer face foam.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
The masks both have different features and design
- The HK Army KLR Paintball Mask features PVT lock quick-change lens, high-density compression molded earpieces, adjustable chin strap with comfort pad & snap in place removable goggle foam insert.
- The Empire EVS Paintball Mask has dual-pane lens, thermal barrier, thermo-formed ear, quick tool-free lens replacement & protective micro-fiber bag.
The masks both have different widths
- The Empire EVS is 9″, while the HK Army KLR is narrower at 8.2″.
The masks both have different lengths
- The Empire EVS is 9″, while the HK Army KLR is shorter at 8″.
The Paintball Masks both have different weights
- The Empire EVS Mask is slightly heavier at 2lbs, while the HK Army KLR Mask weighs 1.8lbs.
- Both masks are at the heavier end of the market.
Both Paintball Masks have different certification
- The Empire EVS lens is ASTM Certified, while the HK Army KLR Mask is not certified.
Both Paintball Masks have different color options
- The Empire EVS Paintball Mask has Black, LE Olive Tiger Stripe, Tan/Black, Black/Gold, Olive/Black & White/Black color options, while the HK Army KLR Mask is available in Black/Blue, Black/Red, White/Black, Abyss, Cyborg, Cobalt, Mist, Neon Green & Scorch color options.
Both masks have a different warranty
- The Empire EVS has a 30-Day Limited warranty, while a 1-year warranty covers the HK Army KLR Paintball Mask.
The Empire EVS Mask and HK Army KLR have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The HK Army KLR is not wireless capable, unlike the Empire EVS.
- The Empire EVS has an ASTM-certified lens with a 270-degree vision angle.
- The HK Army KLR has a better warranty than the Empire EVS.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, the HK Army KLR is slightly lighter than the Empire mask.