Empire manufactures some of the best paintball masks available. In this article, we take an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Empire EVS vs X-Ray Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
Empire EVS vs Empire X-Ray Paintball Mask – Specifications
Empire – Who Are They?
For more than ten years, Empire has been a staple in the paintball industry. The team has focused on building high-quality products rather than expanding too quickly and flooding the market with models that compete for customers’ attention (unlike many other brands). Now part of Kore Outdoor (known initially as G.I. Sportz), they continue to make products aimed at the higher-end of the paintball market.
Empire EVS vs Empire X-Ray Paintball Mask – Similarities
Both masks have the same vision angle
- Both the EVS and the X-Ray Mask have the same 270-degree vision angle.
The masks have similar size options
- Both masks have the same size options: one size fits most.
Both Paintball Masks have the same width
- The Empire EVS and X-Ray are both 9″ wide.
Both Paintball Masks have the same length
- The Empire EVS Mask is 9″.
- The Empire X-Ray Mask is also 9″.
Both masks have the same warranty
- Both masks offer Empire’s 30-Day limited warranty.
Empire EVS vs Empire X-Ray Paintball Mask – Differences
Both Paintball Masks have different lens features
- The Empire EVS features a clear thermal distortion-free spherical lens.
- The X-Ray is equipped with a thermal scratch-resistant lens.
Both Paintball Masks have different strap security features
- The Empire EVS features a silicone-backed head strap, while the X-Ray has an adjustable strap.
Both masks have different wireless capability features
- The Empire EVS is HUDwifi and GPS capable, while the X -Ray is not wireless compatible.
Both masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The Empire EVS Paintball Mask uses triple density face foam, while the X-Ray V2.1 Paintball Mask uses hypo-allergenic foam.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
The Paintball Masks both have different features and design
- The Empire EVS Paintball Mask has a dual-pane lens, thermal barrier, thermo-formed ear, quick tool-free lens replacement & a protective micro-fiber bag.
- The Empire X-Ray V2.1 Paintball Mask has an anti-scratch thermal lens, adjustable chin strap, removable visor & multiple venting.
Both Paintball Masks have different weights
- The Empire X-Ray is heavier, weighing 2.45lbs, while the Empire EVS weighs 2lbs.
Both masks have different certification
- The Empire EVS is ASTM Certified, while the X-Ray is not certified.
The masks both have different color options
- The Empire EVS is available in Black, LE Olive Tiger Stripe, Tan/Black, Black/Gold, Olive/Black & White/Black color options, while the Empire X-Ray V2.1 Paintball Mask is only available in black.
The Empire EVS Mask and Empire X-Ray have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Empire EVS is wireless capable, unlike the X-Ray.
- The EVS is slightly lighter than the X-Ray.
- The Empire EVS has an ASTM-certified lens, unlike the X-Ray.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, the Empire EVS is available in a range of colours, while the X-Ray is only available in black.