HK Army manufactures some of the best Paintball Masks available. In this article, we take an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the HK Army KLR vs HSTL Paintball Mask – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
HK Army KLR vs HSTL Paintball Mask – Specifications
HK Army – Who Are They?
From its origins in 2007, HK Army has become a global company, with distribution in over 60 countries. Offering an array of paintball related products, from performance based hard goods to casual apparel, they are an industry leader in paintball gear and accessories.
HK Army KLR vs HSTL Paintball Mask – Similarities
Both masks have the same vision angle
- Neither the HK Army KLR nor HSTL Mask have a stated vision angle.
Both masks have the same strap security features
- Both the HK Army KLR and HSTL Mask have exactly the same adjustable anti-slip goggle strap security.
The masks both have the same width
- The HK Army KLR is 8.2″.
- The HK Army HSTL is also 8.2″.
Both Paintball Masks have the same length
- The HK Army KLR is 8″.
- The HK Army HSTL is also 8″.
Both masks have similar lens features
- The HK Army KLR & HSTL both feature a high-definition dual-pane thermal lens.
Both have the same size options
- The HK Army KLR & HSTL Mask has are both “one size fits most”.
Both Paintball Masks have the same warranty
- Both masks have a 1-year warranty.
HK Army KLR vs HSTL Paintball Mask – Differences
Both masks have different foam padding for comfort
- The HK Army KLR Paintball Mask uses a tri-layer face foam, while the HK Army HSTL Paintball Goggles has snap in place removable upper and lower goggle foam insert.
- Both are designed to wick away sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for all.
The Paintball Masks both have different features and design
- The HK Army HSTL Mask has quick-change lens retention system, lightweight design, multiple vents for breathability & additional head strap.
- The HK Army KLR Mask has PVT lock quick-change lens, high-density compression molded earpieces, adjustable chin strap with comfort pad & snap in place removable goggle foam insert.
The Paintball Masks both have different weights
- The HK Army HSTL Mask is lighter at 1.4lbs, while the KLR weighs 1.8lbs.
The masks both have different color options
- The HK Army KLR is available in Black/Blue, Black/Red, White/Black, Abyss, Cyborg, Cobalt, Mist, Neon Green & Scorch color options, while the HK Army HSTL Paintball Mask is only available in black.
The HK Army KLR Mask and HK Army HSTL are quite similar. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The HK Army HSTL is lighter than the KLR.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, the HK Army HSTL has a much wider range of available colors.