HK Army and JT make some of the better budget-range paintball masks we’ve seen. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the HK Army KLR vs the JT Premise – which one is best?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
HK Army KLR vs JT Premise – Specifications
HK Army KLR vs JT Premise – Similarities
Neither paintball mask is WiFi compatible
- Unlike some paintball masks, neither the HK Army nor the JT Premise mask is wireless capable.
Both the HK Army and JT Premise mask have the same fitting size
- Like other paintball masks, both the HK Army and JT Premise masks are ‘one size fits most’ and are adjustable.
HK Army KLR vs JT Premise – Differences
Both paintball masks have slightly different lens features
- The HK Army mask has a high-definition dual-pane lens.
- The JT Premise uses an anti-fog Spectra lens with UVA/UVB protection.
Only the JT Premise has a stated vision angle
- The JT Premise has a 260-degree vision angle.
The HK Army and JT Premise masks have a different strap security
- The HK Army mask uses an adjustable anti-slip goggle strap.
- The JT Premise has an adjustable chin strap.
Both have different foams used for comfort
- The HK Army mask uses a tri-layer face foam, while the JT Premise has a soft face foam. Both are designed to keep sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for different facial contours.
The HK Army mask and JT Premise have different design and features
- The HK Army mask features a PVT Lock quick-change lens and a snap-in-place removable goggle foam insert. It is designed with high-density compression molded earpieces and an adjustable chin strap with a comfort pad.
- The JT Premise has full head protective panels with built-in visor for extra UVA/UVB protection and is a vented facemask for easy communication. Aside from that, it is designed with a pro-change lens and foam for easy replacement without tools required.
Both paintball masks slightly differ in width and length
- The HK Army mask has a width of 8.2” and a length of 8”.
- The JT Premise has a width of 12” and a length of 8.7”.
Both the HK Army and JT Premise differ in mask weight
- The HK Army mask weighs 1.8lbs, while the JT Premise is slightly lighter at 1.4lbs.
Both paintball masks are available in a different range of colors
- The HK Army mask is available in either Black/Blue, Black/Red, White/Black, Abyss, Cyborg, Cobalt, Mist, Neon Green, or Scorch.
- The JT Premise is available in Black.
Both offer different warranties
- The HK Army mask has a 1-year warranty, while the JT Premise has a 30-day limited warranty.
Here are some notable differences that might help you when choosing which paintball mask is best for you:
- The JT Premise offers 260-degree visibility, while HK army does not state the field of vision of their mask.
- The JT Premise seems a little bulky with a 12” width.
- The HK Army mask has a more extensive color range to choose from.
- The HK Army mask has a much better warranty.