Dye makes two of the most popular paintball masks. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Dye i4 vs Dye i5 – which is the best for you?
Once you’ve seen how these 2 masks compare with each other, find out how they compare with the best paintball masks
Dye i4 vs i5 – Specifications
Dye i4 vs i5 – Similarities
Both the Dye i4 and Dye i5 have the same fitting size
- Both the Dye i4 and i5 masks are ‘one size fits most’ and can be adjusted.
Both the Dye i4 and Dye i5 are ASTM certified
- The Dye i4 and i5 are ASTM approved, with certification for maximum eye protection.
Both offer the same warranty
- The Dye i4 and i5 offer a 1-year warranty.
Dye i4 vs i5 – Differences
Both paintball masks have slightly different lens features
- The Dye i4 features a peripheral vision combined with a “Toroidal Impact” lens that is scratch-free and has an anti-fogging system with UVA and UVB protection.
- The Dye i5 has a Toroidal Horizon anti-fog, anti-scratch lens with Dyetanium standard lens for UV ray protection while offering broad peripheral vision.
Both paintball masks have different vision angles
- The Dye i4 features a vertical/horizontal peripheral vision, while the Dye i5 has a 290-degree vision angle.
The Dye i4 and Dye i5 have a different strap security
- The Dye i4 features ‘Tiger Teeth’ buckles designed to securely bite down the strap, which is especially beneficial for rigorous use. It allows the user to adjust the custom woven rubber strap for a more custom fit.
- The Dye i5 offers a GSR Gear Lock System known for its precise tension control, maximum comfort, and evenly distribution of force on the head and patent-pending ratchet strap system.
Only the Dye i5 has a wireless capability feature
- The Dye i5 is e.VOKE Wireless Air-Sync connection compatible.
Both have different foams used for comfort
- The Dye i4 uses a dual-stage foam, while the Dye i5 uses a new soft-touch multi-layer foam. Both are designed to keep sweat and moisture away while providing a comfortable fit for different facial contours.
The Dye i4 and Dye i5 have different design and features
- The Dye i4 is a lightweight mask that uses a “first compound radius” lens with an anti-fogging system and an anatomic fit & function for comfort. It features a soft and flexible compression formed earpiece for ear protection. For easy communication, it is designed with a multi-directional vent. Lastly, changing the lens is easy, and can be done without the use of tools.
- The Dye i5 is lightweight, with a soft and flexible compression formed earpiece. It features a universal Heads-Up POV mount, and multi-directional venting for moisture dissipation and easy communication. Aside from that, it is designed with a quick-release foam kit, and lens replacement is easy & tool-free.
Both paintball masks differ in width and length.
- The Dye i4 has a width of 9.1” and a length of 7.1”.
- The Dye i5 has a width of 9” and a length of 9”.
Both the Dye i4 and Dye i5 differ in mask weight
- The Dye i4 weighs 1.1lbs, while the Dye i5 is incredibly light at 0.78lbs.
Both paintball masks are available in a different range of colors
- The Dye i4 is available in either Black, Dirty Bird, or Grey Liquid.
- The Dye i5 is available in either AF1, Emerald, Onyx/Gold, Storm, DyeCam, Onyx, Patriot, or White/Gold.
The Dye i4 and Dye i5 paintball masks offer safety and protection. The choice between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences that might help you when choosing which paintball mask is best for you:
- The Dye i5 is lighter than the (already light) Dye i4.
- The Dye i5 is wifi compatible.
- The Dye i5 has a wider vision angle of 290 degrees.